If you are with a Samsung and in the need of system modification or recovery, the turn should definitely go to Odin. It agrees to flash various files with support to almost all the ROM variants and Samsung devices up to the newest. And in the compatibility, there is hardly any chance for complaints as Odin has various tool versions addressing the exact need of the user. But can one say it is 100% free of any failures? Not at all as this is too a system change could face several lags depending on the situation. So knowing how useful for bringing you an update to Samsung Odin Troubleshooting, here we go for some basic troubles and tips to solve.
Samsung Odin Troubleshooting Tips
As you already know Odin version 3.12.7 is the latest at the moment which as always runs on Windows PC. And it reaches a wide device support and firmware compatibility reporting success in stock/custom ROM flash, kernel flash, root packages flash and etc. So in order to make your Odin flash more success and less with fail, these are some troubleshooting facts you should remember. But remember, we hold no responsibility for any damages or lags could cause. So take the process at your own risk.
No Download Mode
Before flash begins, you should switch the Samsung device to Download Mode. But in case if it fails,
- Take the device battery off for about 2-0 to 30 seconds. Then press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power as usual. If you still meet the trouble, put the battery into the right place with help of another
- If not, you can also take off the battery and re-enter as an alternative attempt. Then without powering on the device, plug the device into the power charger. And hold the Volume Down. This will probably take you to Download Mode
If you find the trouble with no change from any above methods, you should go for a motherboard replacement through a service center.
Does not Support the Device
If you are successful in switching to Download, your device will easily identify by the program, but in case if it comes showing any errors,
- Try a different PC and USB
- Try to connect the device through the main port of USB
- Uninstall the device drivers and reinstall. When done, try to restart the device to save the changes done
In case it the trouble persists,
- Turn the Samsung device and the Windows PC off
- Remove the USB connections
- Restart the PC and let it settle
- Open Odin from there
- Switch the device to the Download Mode and connect the device to the PC
To better result, change the USB port and also the cable used.
Stuck in the Process
As always with a system related operation, there would be lags in some situations. So make sure you are with the latest Odin Download. But do not forget that it should come with the highest support for the device variant and firmware it takes.
Depending on the situation, the way you find Odin would be different. So go through the following points to prevent getting failed in Odin processing.
- Install the correct drivers’ software to the PC and restart before move further
- Temporarily disable anti-virus programs of firewalls if you have installed to the device
- Back up the device before start flashing
- In downloading any file to flash, double-check the compatibility. make sure they are not corrupted
These Samsung Odin Troubleshooting tips are sufficient to overcome the basic troubles could face in the times of Odin processing. But if you find no change, you should try a motherboard replacement through a service center. And as failing in Odin flashing is not due to a trouble with the software, do not give up without taking a few more attempts.